The Future of Purpose-Driven Branding
BY DAVID AAKER
Read the book to learn five branding “must-dos” to guide, inspire and enable effective communication of the social purpose and program.
Winners in the future will embrace social program leadership … or fade into irrelevance with customers, investors and employees. It’s not enough for companies to commit to reducing energy or have an ad hoc budget for grants and volunteering. The world needs the resources and agility of large businesses to address existential threats in society with imaginative and impactful programs.
In his book, “The Future of Purpose-Driven Branding,” branding expert David Aaker shows a pathway to business social leadership that include four strategies:
- Employ resources to address the most pressing societal challenges – like climate change and identity inequalities
- Create impactful, inspiring, and mission-driven signature social programs that will help business leaders build brands that are more relevant and purpose-driven as well as impact important social challenges
- Integrate the signature social programs into the business to bolster the organization’s brand as a mission-driven enterprise that is “doing good”
- Create and manage a portfolio of signature social brands that inspire, engage and communicate with passion and clarity by using the five branding “must-dos”
- A thorough case for why social programs are the secret weapon to helping business leaders build stronger brands and more connected work cultures while supporting important social causes
- Powerful case studies from organizations leading with exemplary social programs
- Tools and insights for integrating social programs into the organization and business
- Five branding “must-dos” when building signature social brands
“David Aaker, the branding guru, shows how to leverage signature social programs using vivid case studies. Integrating the social program into the business creates a win-win infinity loop. ‘The Future of Purpose-Driven Branding’ is a must-read book for the purpose era.”Joe Tripodi
Former CMO at Coca-Cola, Allstate and MasterCard
“Every company should adopt a social cause beyond profit-making. Aaker has written the perfect book to help you find that cause and build a unique program and brand that makes a difference.”Phil Kotler
The Father of Modern Marketing
“This is a roadmap for nonprofits who want to build an inspiring brand and attract active business partners. The five branding “must dos” are game-changing.”Eve Birge
Exec Director, White Pony Express, “All of Us Taking Care of All of Us”
About the Author
David Aaker is the author of more than one hundred articles and 18 books on marketing, business strategy and branding that have sold over one million copies. A recognized global authority on branding, he has developed concepts and methods of brand building that are used by organizations around the world.
Want to interview David Aaker or feature him on your next podcast? Please connect with us or David directly. Reach out to learn how David and Prophet can help your business create signature social programs that capture the hearts of leadership, customers, employees and brand followers.